Friday, October 4, 2013

Pushing Characters and Environment


The crits and paintovers you all gave me last week really helped me!

I'm working on pushing the characters more.  Let me know if you think there are better ways for me to push the characters further.  



Here is my environment piece that I've worked on by pushing around the trees.  Also I added more shape variations. After doing a few thumbnails I chose this one to work on:


Here is my gray pass.  I'm having trouble with the lighting but I will keep on working on it.  I could use some help understanding it better!  I know I want my focus to be near the door as I'll be placing my characters in front of it.  When I was doing my thumbnails I really wanted to add a fence but it seemed like it took away from the composition so I decided to take it out.  




I also did some color studies to get more ideas of the feel of the space.

  

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you playing more with the environments! I need to do some of this myself.

    Keep an eye on the perspective lines that you've drawn in. It seems like they are a little redundant as the roof and other structures don't seem to adhere to the vanishing point.

    Great idea to do some colour studies. Which ones do you think say "bright and safe" and which ones say scary and evil? Then depending on what is going on in the story at that time you'll want to use those colours to really emphasise the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carl!! In a few weeks, I will do another pass of this environment and be better about the perspective lines!

    ReplyDelete